Headquartered in Hamburg and with production facilities in Kürnach, near Würzburg, HQW Precision GmbH specialises in the design and manufacture of high-end bearings and assemblies, tailormade to the demands and requirements of its customers and supplied into a wide range of critical and challenging applications. Industries served include the aerospace sector, high speed machine tool spindles, robotics and critical medical systems. Our products are expertly designed to offer quality, reliability and accuracy in all cases. This design capability is supported by first-rate manufacturing and customer support processes at our German facilities and sales offices across the world.
In 2019, HQW Precision acquired world leading bearing manufacturer, The Barden Corporation (UK) Ltd. For over 70 years Barden has supplied super precision ball bearings to applications in the aerospace and defence industries, vacuum technology and other specialist sectors. Both companies now work together as Partners in Precision, a partnership which delivers world-class high precision products and services throughout industry.
The HQW Group specialises in the manufacture of high precision deep groove and angular contact ball bearings up to ABEC9 tolerances. Customised bearing units and bespoke designs complete the range. Sizes range from 1mm bore (inner) diameter up to 180mm outer diameter and the range is complemented by use of high performance ring, ball and cage materials, as well as high performance lubricants, chosen to suit the application and provide optimal performance.
Aerospace bearings must demonstrate superior performance requirements, including the highest quality standards, minimal maintenance and compact and lightweight designs. HQW bearings meet these challenges by offering:
- ABEC7/9 (ISO P4/P2) tolerance standards for the highest precision.
- Compatibility with high-temperature environments (above 400˚C (752˚F) and high speed running.
- Manufactured to ensure system reliability and running accuracy.
- Developed for the aerospace industry, SV30 ring material (high nitrogen steel) is commonly used for its superior performance and corrosion-resistant properties.
Typical aerospace applications include: Actuation systems, motors, gearboxes, fuel systems.
HQW Precision operates from new, state-of-the-art premises, which offer:
- A Class7 cleanroom for assembly, testing and packaging operations.
- Onsite R&D activities, bearing analysis, testing programs and lifetime calculations.
- Manufacture up to ABEC9 (ISO P2) tolerance standards for ultimate precision.
- Other services available where required, including modifications, special feature integration and bearing relubrication.
Responsive & Fast
The team at HQW is responsive to customer needs throughout all stages of production, from design to delivery.
- The HQW warehouse holds large stocks, ensuring quick reactions to our customers’ requirements.
- We offer direct access to technical support and an expert engineering design service for unique solutions.
- Quick turnaround times on samples and design.
- Fast and flexible approach to manufacturing in both large and small volumes.
Our modern, efficient machinery and sophisticated laboratory and testing equipment allow for the highest standards in production and we employ a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business. A Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001:2015 is in place and we work continuously towards the goal of zero defects in our production processes.