This represents the ideal combination of a traditional owner-managed, family-owned company and a former Airbus Group subsidiary. The merger has created a joint, exceptionally well connected “Preferred Supplier for Engineering & Customer Services” (E2S-A-Supplier) for Airbus, Airbus Buxtehude, KID Systeme, Airbus Helicopters and Airbus Defence & Space from two strategic component suppliers to the aerospace industry.
We also represent a flexible and reliable project partner to many other OEMs and system suppliers when it comes to challenging engineering and consultancy services for complex aviation, aerospace and defence systems. This includes, among other things, the development of mechanical and electrical systems as well as avionics products with the associated electronic assemblies, software solutions and test systems.
A key focus of the joint company is on Cabin and Cargo Engineering in which we support Airbus and its suppliers along the entire value creation chain, from the initial concept idea, to design, product adaptation (customisation), qualification and certification. However, the FERCHAU AVIATION Group represents more than just engineering: Across the globe we supply airlines and training centres with products, like cabin simulators or mock-ups, and produce cable trees for the A320 and A330 families. Within industrial automation, we develop and produce fully automatic test and check-out systems for mission-critical applications. In the aerospace sector, for many years we have been an established partner for the development and production of MGSEs and EGSEs for a range of satellite and launcher programmes.
In terms of consulting, the FERCHAU AVIATION Group supports its customers and partners in the introduction and implementation of system engineering methods, like MBSE or RAMS, and also advises on industrial process optimisation.
By linking development and consultancy services to production, qualification and marketing, the FERCHAU AVIATION Group acts as an “end-to-end” partner for complex and challenging projects in aviation, aerospace and defence.
Facts & Figures
- 1966: FERCHAU Engineering founded
- 1977: RST Rostock System-Technik GmbH is founded as an Institute for Shipbuilding
- 2004: Establishment of the AVIATION division for aviation and aerospace engineering within FERCHAU Engineering
- 2008: FERCHAU Engineering is awarded Airbus E2S Supplier status for the first time
- 1991–2015: RST is an ADS/Airbus Group company
- 2015: Formation of the FERCHAU AVIATION Group
- 2016: Awarded Airbus E2S “A” Supplier status (confirmed until 2019)
- 1,000 aviation, aerospace, defence and industry specialists
- 9 sites: Germany (Hamburg, Bremen, Munich, Rostock), France (Toulouse), Spain (Madrid), Great Britain (Bristol, Bournemouth) and India (Bangalore)
- EN9100, ISO 14001, ISO/IEC 27001-certified
- Preferred Supplier for HENSOLDT Sensors GmbH “Engineering Services Work Packages”
- Listed component supplier for ATLAS Elektronik
- Established and global partner network (join us: aviationferchau.com)