Airbus BizLab provides a platform to develop previously untapped technologies and ways of working in the aerospace sector.
During the six-month acceleration programme, the start-ups will receive support from an international team of experts from various fields and have access to dedicated coaching staff, networking opportunities and co-working spaces.
Hailing from nine countries around the world, the twenty-two new start-ups were selected out of 704 applications from 59 countries. One of the main criteria used in the selection process were the synergies between the start-up projects and Airbus’ sustainability, environment and innovation strategy in the fields of reduction of emissions and alternative propulsion technology, additive manufacturing, data analytics, robotics, smart protection and testing systems and artificial intelligence.
The selected start-ups will join a unique consolidated global network and be based on one of Airbus’ four BizLab campuses; Toulouse (France), Hamburg (Germany), Bangalore (India) and Madrid (Spain).
New on the Hamburg Campus are:
- Blackout Technologies offers a platform to easily train enterprise-ready AI Digital Assistants that you can be used via text, voice and more.
- Dyphox develops and sells antimicrobial coatings and additives for clinical and industrial applications to provide a clean and safe environment.
- Msquare specialises in flexible induction coils that provide heating solutions for the repair and manufacturing of fiber reinforced materials.
- Reliable Realtime Radio Communications GmbH enables the integration of high-performance wireless technology for time-critical applications, in real-time with a maximum level of availability.
- Xarion uses an optical microphone to measure sound without moving parts for non-contact, non-destructive testing and acoustic process control.
- Valispace collaborative software that helps engineers develop better complex hardware products.
Airbus BizLab is a global aerospace business accelerator where start-ups and Airbus intrapreneurs speed-up the transformation of innovative ideas into valuable businesses. Since starting in 2015, Airbus BizLab has used this “hybrid” concept to accelerate 72 start-ups and 54 internal projects, which have raised a combined €23.5 million.