Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results, delivers on guidance
Amsterdam, 14 February 2019 – Airbus SE reported strong Full-Year (FY) 2018 consolidated financial results and delivered on its guidance for all key performance indicators.
- Strong 2018 performance, guidance delivered
- Revenues € 64 billion; EBIT Adjusted € 5.8 billion; Free Cash Flow Before M&A and Customer Financing € 2.9 billion
- EBIT (reported) € 5.0 billion; EPS (reported) € 3.94
- A380 deliveries to cease in 2021
- A400M programme re-baselining negotiated
- 2018 dividend proposal € 1.65 per share, up 10% from 2017
- 2019 guidance confirms growth trajectory
A320 Rate Increase
The A320 programme is on track to reach the monthly targeted production rate of 60 aircraft by mid-2019 with rate 63 targeted in 2021.
Airbus and Emirates reach agreement on A380 fleet, sign new widebody orders
- Emirates to reduce its A380 orderbook by 39 aircraft
- Orders 40 A330neo and 30 A350s
- Last delivery of A380 scheduled for 2021
Following a review of its operations, and in light of developments in aircraft and engine technologies, Emirates is reducing its A380 orderbook from 162 to 123 aircraft. Emirates will take delivery of 14 further A380s over the next two years. As a consequence and given the lack of order backlog with other airlines, Airbus will cease deliveries of the A380 in 2021.
Emirates has also decided to continue growing with Airbus’ newest generation, flexible widebody aircraft, ordering 40 A330-900 and 30 A350-900 aircraft.